Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Lost Soul


How did it come to this?

I used to be a spiritual person, able to rise above the rough and tumble of the everyday world and see the greater order of things. I used to be able to intuitively key in to people's thoughts, feelings and passions, often without thought and in such a way that I couldn't tell where they began and I started. When my daughter was very young and I was in a pretty bad space, I wandered into the Adyar Bookshop in Sydney one day and there I found a book by Silver Ravenwolf. While some in the witchy world regard her as a "fluffy bunny Wiccan", the concepts embodied in her book "To Ride A Silver Broomstick" felt like coming home to me.

For the first time in my life I felt that there really was at least one person in this world who thought and felt the way that I did - that living the way we do is entirely artificial and that there has to be a more spiritual approach to life, where one can practise unconditional love and respect for all living things (notice I said "practise", not perfect!) and follow in the footsteps of their forefathers, albeit from a more modern perspective.

Between now and then I have walked many paths and undergone many experiences that have enabled me to grow as an individual and refine my thoughts and approach to life. Somewhere along the way I seem to have lost contact with what I valued most of all - my connection with the spiritual. At one stage many years ago, I joined an online discussion group in order to explore Marion Green's book,
"A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic". I can't remember why, but for some reason the discussion never eventuated. This, then, is my Book of Illuminations as described in her book and hopefully the instrument that I shall wield to enable me to reconnect with all that I valued so long ago.

Please, feel welcome to post and join me in my explorations. I do not consider myself "Wiccan" any more, even though so many, many moons ago I dedicated myself to the Goddess and God. I still hold my dedication true - I just perceive the "Goddess and God" very differently from the way I did when exploring with Silver Ravenwolf. It is my hope that not only will this grimoire lead me back to my own personal connectedness with universal energy, but that it may also assist others who may be seeking the path that is right for them.

No comments: